We are pleased to confirm that Wharfedale’s traditional friendly Boxing Day fixture against North Ribblesdale will take place at The Avenue on 26th December 2020, kick off at 2pm.
Obviously, due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation the rugby will be different from what you might expect – there will be no scrums or mauls – and the considerable Government restrictions mean that entry will only be by pre-booked ticket to a strictly limited number of 400 supporters. But regardless of these limitations, the main thing is that for the first time since March, there will be competitive rugby played at The Avenue!
Tickets will cost £5 per adult with no charge for under-16s. There will also be no ticket charge for Wharfedale Season Ticket holders and Cavalry Club members.
Please note that everyone planning on attending the game, whether paying for tickets or not, must pre-book tickets so that the number of supporters allowed entry to the ground is not exceeded. If you would like to celebrate the return of rugby to The Avenue, please follow these steps.
- Contact Wharfedale’s Membership Secretary, Stuart Willis, by email at email@example.com – ideally by the end of Christmas Eve, 24th December.
- In your email, you need to include:
• the names of those wishing to attend and their ages (adult or U16),
• an address, contact phone number and email address for each person attending,
• whether they are Wharfedale Season Ticket holders or Cavalry Club members.
- You will receive an email from Stuart to confirm that you are on the list, giving details of how to pay for your tickets by bank transfer.
- Once you have completed the bank transfer payment, you will be emailed your tickets that you must either print and bring to the game or have available on a mobile phone to show at the gate.
Please note that tickets will be issued on a first come, first served basis and that once capacity is reached, we cannot allow any further supporters into the ground.
We realise that this procedure makes it much more cumbersome than it would normally be to attend a game, but are sure that you understand that in these extraordinary times we have no choice but to comply with the Covid-19 regulations for the safety of everyone attending the game and the wider community.
Furthermore, in accordance with Government guidelines, there will be no bar facilities at the game. There will, however, be catering, selling hot drinks, hot sandwiches, pies and other snacks that can be consumed outside the clubhouse. All attendees will be asked to wear a facemask whenever possible both inside and outside.
We very much hope that you will be able to join us to welcome the Greens back to the pitch. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Stuart Willis